Long Island Message Board, Long Island Forum
Message Board :  Long Island Message Board / Forum Long Island Seek
Long Island Message Board 
Welcome the Long Island, NY Bulletin Board - To make a new post click the "New Topic" link below, please read the Terms of Use before posting.
Navigation: LiSeek.com - Bulletin Board Home - Long Island classifieds - Long Island jobs
Share the post with others!

Jefferson Woods Apartments
Posted by: schweitzer (---.31.62.183.Dial1.NewYork1.Level3.net)
Date: December 30, 2003 05:17PM

Never - under any circumstances - consider renting an apartment at this Port Jefferson complex. There are squirrels in the walls, major plumbing and heating problems, and the superintendant (if you could call him that) will only do repairs if given a Christmas tip, which he solicits. The heat in winter never rises above 68 degrees, despite the fact that they advertise "control your own heat."

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jefferson Woods Apartments
Posted by: jb johnson (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: August 19, 2013 02:31AM

I heard the squirrels in the walls all the time, apartments are cheap and you get a washer and dryer which is a huge plus, however the neighborhood is going downhill, i believe it has turned section 8 and there is a lot of shady characters living there. Only problem is they constantly break the law and enter your apartment without giving you notice they also come in unannounced and do not let you know they were there. note to people this is ILLEGAL !!!!! Unless it is a fire or gas emergency they must give you notice. If you call to get something fixed ..it will but you will not know when, he will just show up. ILLEGAL !!!!!!!! I had to move out of there we began to feel violated with his random pop ins. STAY AWAY !! its cheap but u get what you pay for ....

Posted by: RK (---.ok.ok.cox.net)
Date: February 27, 2016 04:26AM

There is no website with of the complex, or any reviews online. I am trying to rent unseen based on the amenities available and rent. They say a lot of professionals from the hospital and university nearby live in that complex. Is it a safe area?

Posted by: Dom (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: April 07, 2016 10:03PM

I have been the super here for 20 years I don't even know who the 2 previous people are complaining about a heat and squirrels , neither name is on any of my previous tenant lists , this is a quiet complex all other claims are false , I have never entered anyone's apartment without there knowledge , the person who I just replied to indeed now lives here and I'm sure is happy with Jefferson woods we are recommended highly by stonybrook university and many residents from Mather hospital , the Internet can be very useful and also full of lies !

Posted by: Dom (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: April 07, 2016 10:07PM

We are not affiliated with section 8 now or ever and are very strict who gets approved so the only shady people here are the ones that enjoy sitting under our many trees

Posted by: Lindsay (---.cst.lightpath.net)
Date: June 13, 2016 06:26PM

I would absolutely live here again! In fact I am already considering it after having moved away and now coming back. I lived in this complex for about 3 years. Very quiet, adult, professionals. I had a 1 bedroom (very large one at that). Dom, the super, very nice. NEVER did I have thought or concern that someone entered my apartment with out notice.

LiSeek's Long Island New York Bulletin Board: Looking for a Long Island apartment, babysitter, or any other local needs you may have. Have any questions about Long Island schools, fishing, or are you planning a Long Island wedding? Also post about any Long Island issues you would like to discuss with other Long Islanders.