Long Island Message Board, Long Island Forum
Message Board :  Long Island Message Board / Forum Long Island Seek
Long Island Message Board 
Welcome the Long Island, NY Bulletin Board - To make a new post click the "New Topic" link below, please read the Terms of Use before posting.
Navigation: LiSeek.com - Bulletin Board Home - Long Island classifieds - Long Island jobs
Share the post with others!

What is the safest place to live with kids?
Posted by: C.M. (208.195.236.---)
Date: October 28, 2002 08:30PM

Hello,

I'm looking for a house in LI. I'm not familiar with the area. Can anyone suggest the safest town to live in? I don't want to go far out, I was thinking somewhere like Lynbrook, Valley Stream, Baldwin, etc. Are any of these safe for kids, good schools, low crime rates, etc. Please let me know if all these are bad areas to live in.

Any suggestion would help!!

Thanks,
CM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What is the safest place to live with kids?
Posted by: hostmaster (---.nyc.rr.com)
Date: October 31, 2002 02:21AM

not sure? there must be someone out there that knows. there must be many places awesome for kids in LI

Posted by: john (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: November 02, 2002 10:14PM

look into the West Islip are is western suffolk ......... It's a good area with a great school district.......affordable area

Posted by: liman (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: November 06, 2002 03:25AM

every area on long island has its good and bad spots. i would avoid Mastic Beach and Wyandanch of the top of my head. go for a drive and visit towns you are interested at different times of the day.

time waits for no man

Posted by: Jeanne (---.com)
Date: November 06, 2002 05:02PM

You really can't go wrong with Bellmore, Merrick, Wantagh, Seaford, or Massapequa.

LiSeek's Long Island New York Bulletin Board: Looking for a Long Island apartment, babysitter, or any other local needs you may have. Have any questions about Long Island schools, fishing, or are you planning a Long Island wedding? Also post about any Long Island issues you would like to discuss with other Long Islanders.