Long Island Message Board, Long Island Forum
Message Board :  Long Island Message Board / Forum Long Island Seek
Long Island Message Board 
Welcome the Long Island, NY Bulletin Board - To make a new post click the "New Topic" link below, please read the Terms of Use before posting.
Navigation: LiSeek.com - Bulletin Board Home - Long Island classifieds - Long Island jobs
Share the post with others!

Pages: 12345678910Next
Current Page: 1 of 10
OB/GYN Recommendations
Posted by: Nicoli (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: January 31, 2005 07:52PM

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has any ob recs. that they would care to share. I would prefer in the West babylon, or North. West Islip or even Bayshore.

With my last preg. i was in brooklyn so....

Also some one in King Kullen told me about Comprehensive Ob/Gyn in West Islip I believe... any opinions anyone?

email me at gowdie@yahoo.com if you prefer.

Thank you.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: OB/GYN Recommendations
Posted by: Annonymous (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: February 01, 2005 04:27AM

try south bay ob/gyn in west islip (587-2500), it's a big practice so there's usually a wait when you have an apt, but all the dr's are great, dr ammirata is wonderful!

Posted by: tina (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: February 01, 2005 02:37PM

i too go to south bay...wonderful. better then anyone else in the area.

Posted by: KerryM (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: February 01, 2005 04:39PM

Hi,

I used to live in Lindenhurst and went to Great South Bay OB/GYN in West Islip. They have a bunch of doctors that are all very good. The nurses are nice and caring. You will have to wait sometimes when you go for appointments but it is worth it. They answer your questions and are concerned about you and your baby. Dr. Judge delivered my son at Good Samartian and it was wonderful. I would definitely recommend them. Good Luck!

Kerry

Posted by: Pam (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: February 03, 2005 02:20PM

Hello-
When I moved out to LI from Manhattan I had a hard time finding a good ob/gyn. After going to 5 DRs - I finally found DR Christine Conway -@ Stonybrook OBGYN - She's great.

Date: February 04, 2005 04:28PM

Thanks so very much to everyone who responded and email. I am truly grateful. I now have no problems in making a choice. your responses where great!!

Posted by: Christina4 (---.wh49.nycm.n54ny31ur.dsl.att.net)
Date: February 18, 2005 07:40PM

You can go to OB/GYN but I recomend not using Dr. Sarah Swartz. She is highly unprofessional. I have been waiting 2 weeks for a call about my pap that showed negative results. It is really disturbing to me as a patient & a woman

Posted by: Christina4 (---.wh49.nycm.n54ny31ur.dsl.att.net)
Date: February 18, 2005 07:42PM

I am sorry I was not specific, I meant to say you can try south bay obgyn but don't use Dr. Sarah Swartz. She is highly unprofessional. Please read my last note

Date: February 21, 2005 08:01AM

Thanks again everyone. I had my third appnt. with south bay this past week (I am high risk) and the doctors were great and the nurses... even the front office/reception staff!! I was thinking.. whats wrong with everyone here - LOL smiling smiley

Its so refreshing after you are used to rude, impatient docs and disgusting nurses and office staff.

Great practice! thanks for the recommendation again ladies!!

xox

Posted by: alison (---.optonline.net)
Date: February 22, 2005 08:01PM

I too, Love dr. Conway at Stonybrook. I followed her from Winthrop to stonybrook.

I too, live in west babylon and heard very good things about southbay OB. I was thinking of switching because travel is becoming a bit of a problem.

Posted by: KHicks (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: February 23, 2005 02:03PM

For my first child I used Golub/Makowski in Port Pefferson(St. Charles Hospital) and I did not have a good experience. For my second child I used the Stony Brook Midwifery. If you are having a normal pregnancy then I would give this some consideration. I had a stress free pregnancy and an easy delivery - without medication. I never thought I could do it. FYI - I delivered at Stony Brook Hospital and they are all certified nurse midwives. You aren't delivering on someone's couch! I didn't see a doctor once - although I had the option to if I wanted or needed. Something to think about. I would recommend anyone with a normal healthy pregancy to give them a shot.

Posted by: madrid (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 02, 2005 01:33AM

i was just wondering if someone would be kind enough to share any information if any known about oakdale ob/gyn.. thank you i dont know if south side hospital or good sam is the best some input please.

Date: May 07, 2005 03:05PM

I just wanted to say South Bay is wonderful! I only havent met Dr. Lockhorn She is my next appnt. Oh I havent met Sarah Schwartz but after meeting her father - Dr. ? Schwartz .... I think Ill pass on her smiling smiley
I also dont really care for Dr. Amirata afterall.....

thanks again ladies smiling smiley

Date: May 07, 2005 03:24PM

I just wanted to say South Bay is wonderful! I only havent met Dr. Lockhorn She is my next appnt. Oh I havent met Sarah Schwartz but after meeting her father - Dr. ? Schwartz .... I think Ill pass on her smiling smiley
I also dont really care for Dr. Amirata afterall.....

thanks again ladies smiling smiley

Posted by: Margaret (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 06, 2007 09:03PM

Hi, I need some information or any insite on Dr Jaqulin Ammirata. I'm having my second baby and need to change doctors because mine doesn't deliver anymore. I am extremly nervous about starting with a new doctor and after reading some of these reviews, I'm even more nervous, they are so mixed about her. I got the recommendation for her from my peditriction, If any body out there can give me any better information about her I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank You , Margaret from lindenhurst

Posted by: Margaret (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 06, 2007 09:08PM

hi, i read your message about dr ammirata, and you didn't care for her, could you tell me why? Im seeing her end of month for my second pregnancy and Im very nervous. Id like to know what Im getting into and I dont want to go there and get upset. Thanks for anything you can tell me.

Margaret

Posted by: Inadoulascare (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: March 10, 2007 05:38PM

Would you consider seeing a midwife? There is a great group and they offer waterbirth at NUMC.
Jennifer

Posted by: Veronica (---.ny325.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 14, 2007 01:18AM

Hello. I am in a bit of a jam. I need a a Good OBGYN?surgeon. I live in East NOrthport but work in Levittown..so either Nassau or Sulfolk is ok by me. I have a Bartholeim gland problem, this is about the 4th or 5th one. I need a great surgeon to take the gland out. Please write back as soon as possible. I am in pain and irritation.

Please email response at ronniealvero@yahoo.com

Posted by: Veronica (---.ny325.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 14, 2007 01:21AM

Hello. I am in a bit of a jam. I need a a Good OBGYN?surgeon. I live in East NOrthport but work in Levittown..so either Nassau or Sulfolk is ok by me. I have a Bartholeim gland problem, this is about the 4th or 5th one. I need a great surgeon to take the gland out. Please write back as soon as possible. I am in pain and irritation.

Please email response at ronniealvero@yahoo.com

Posted by: Jean (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 15, 2007 02:41AM

Has anyone had any experience with Dr. Miller at South Shore OBGY in East Islip, good, bad or otherwise? Please let me know.

Pages: 12345678910Next
Current Page: 1 of 10

LiSeek's Long Island New York Bulletin Board: Looking for a Long Island apartment, babysitter, or any other local needs you may have. Have any questions about Long Island schools, fishing, or are you planning a Long Island wedding? Also post about any Long Island issues you would like to discuss with other Long Islanders.