Long Island Message Board, Long Island Forum
Message Board :  Long Island Message Board / Forum Long Island Seek
Long Island Message Board 
Welcome the Long Island, NY Bulletin Board - To make a new post click the "New Topic" link below, please read the Terms of Use before posting.
Navigation: LiSeek.com - Bulletin Board Home - Long Island classifieds - Long Island jobs
Share the post with others!

Pages: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 8 of 10
Re: OB/GYN Recommendations
Posted by: Brigit (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 10, 2008 01:24AM

I had the same experience there. I waited over an hour each time I went there. It was only twice and I will never go there again. They have the nerve to rush you once you are in there as well. You are treated like a number that has a dollar sign in front of it. They do not care about you at all. They don't answer the phone or answer emails that are sent. Too busy to care for you but they do get your insurance info and money correctly.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: arlene aronowsky (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: March 14, 2008 09:49PM

HI I LOVE DR CARA LIEBERMAN IN SYOSSET ALSO NEW HYDE PARK

Posted by: Kelly (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 22, 2008 01:24AM

Dr. Sarah Schwartz and her Father are in private practice together right over by Good Sam. Their number is 631-661-0711. And they are great- Came reccomended to me by 5 nurses at Good Sam.

Posted by: Sandy (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 26, 2008 06:24PM

I unfortunatley had a bad (actually several bad) experiences with Southbay ob/gyn. They were great a long time ago but now they are almost like a factory. They screwed up my amnio and had a secretary call me to reschedule instead of a Dr. calling to explain what happened. Dr. Judge told me not to worry about a cyst on my ovary. I went for a second opinion who told me it should be watched because it is complex and needs to be monitored. I was told one time that my insurance was invalid and I needed to straighten out everything otherwise I would owe thousands of dollars only to find out that they made the mistake and made me a wreck during my 8th month of pregnancy (which was high risk). Meanwhile they kept telling me to get rid of any stress in my life and they were causing me stress between the insurance thing and screwing up my amnio. Like I said, they were great years ago. Now, I am actually looking for a new place myself.

Posted by: unknown (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 29, 2008 04:44PM

I am a patient at SouthBay OBGYN. Things were/are so bad that I have recently contacted a lawyer who is more than willing to take on my case. I echo everything that everyone has said about the practice. Please do not go there... especially if you are pregnant or planning on becoming pregnant. THANKS to all of you who have posted your experiences and recommendations. I am looking for a new high risk obgyn and when I found all of your posts I became so relieved.

Posted by: dizzy (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: April 03, 2008 02:37AM

Can anyone tell me about Dr. Pilliterrie and his staff also Dr Kent Chan in Smithtown?

Thank You,
Dizzy

Posted by: Victoria (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: April 03, 2008 04:40AM

Alicia,

I just went through this search with a client of mine last month. Please feel free to call me and I'll share the names & info. we gathered..

Warmly,
Victoria Moody CD(DONA), PD, LCCE
(516) 351-6425

Re: OB/GYN Recommendations for GARY KASTEN
Posted by: Cori (---.bufsd.org)
Date: April 04, 2008 03:16PM

Janey Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Anyone heard of Dr. Gary Kasten/Casten on the
> south shore?

I have had 2 babies, all medical and exams, ce sections by Dr Kasten. He is completely amazing, patient, dry sarcastic humor which I love. He makes time for you in his office after every visit and it is a private practice - not a group. He will now see my through my third preganacy and I love him. Actually, I transferred to him in the middle of my first pregnancy because i hated the group I went to in East Islip! Good luck, he is wonderful, thorough and gently.

Posted by: bonnie2 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: April 08, 2008 02:04AM

dr. trivedi....what nationality is he?

Posted by: sara1 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: April 14, 2008 01:50AM

hmmmm.........Dr. Trivedi,
I am pretty sure he is indian. He is a fantastic doctor! Dr. Trivedi delivered my son. Great sense of humor, easy to talk to....he is great. I can't say enough good things about him.

Posted by: Shreddies (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: April 16, 2008 12:19PM

Hi ---
Does anyone know of Dr. Felicia Callan's group of OBGYNs in Huntington?
We were recommended her by a friend who had her for two babies. My husband and I both got the impression that she was rather scattered through both the interviews we've had so far, and are a bit unsure about continuing with her group.

The other downside is that they are affiliated with Huntington hospital and we were hoping for a birthing center affiliated with a hospital. It seems that the closest one to us (we live on the North Shore, around Locust Valley) is in Brooklyn!
Is this true? Does anyone know of a birthing center closer than that?

Thanks!

Posted by: supraja (63.116.4.---)
Date: April 16, 2008 03:57PM

Hi,

I am new to Long Island,NY. I would like to know about Dr.Francine D Fradella OB-Gyn of 747 N Broadway, North Massapequa,Ny 11758.

Glad to have ur reply.

Thanks.

Posted by: Amy (---.ogilvy.com)
Date: April 16, 2008 07:35PM

I'm looking for an OBGYN in the Huntington area.

Has anyone heard anything about any of the following doctors?
Lucelle Del Rosario - Huntington Medical Group
Felicia Callan - North Shore Medical Group OBG
Deborah Zitner - North Shore Medical Group OBG

Or does anyone have any other recommendations for other OBGYN's in the area? Looking for competent dr's with good bedside manner, associated with Huntington Hospital LIJ. I'm trying to avoid practices that just want to quickly shuffle people in and out with no compassion or real care towards the patient (and usually have rude office staff).

Any suggestions?

Posted by: dina (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: April 17, 2008 06:16PM

Hi! Please help me find a good private doctor around the lindenhurst area. Currently I am 28 weeks pregnant, and am seeing Dr. Weiss. This doctor is horrible, he rushes and when I leave I'm always upset. His visit lasts less than 1 minute, never thoroughly answers my questions, just pushes it aside. Please help, although I'm in my 3rd trimester I am still willing to leave. Looking for private doctor, not group practice.

dina

Posted by: bonniea (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: April 18, 2008 12:17AM

Was wondering about st. catherines hospital? Anyone ever deliver there? Did you have a good experience?

Posted by: kim (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: April 19, 2008 04:22PM

I am looking for a obgyn and heard dr mesbah was good in garden city can anyone tell me about him. Do you only speak with him throughout the pregnancy and does he personally deliver your baby .

Posted by: Ally (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: April 20, 2008 05:54AM

Does anyone know a good doctor in the Sayville area that delivers at St. Charles?

Posted by: kim camacho (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: April 21, 2008 10:24PM

i am currently seeking out a gyn. i called dr. sara shwartz office and they have no openings until july and were not eager to help me. can somone give me another doctor i should go to. i was also going to make an appt with dr. david but i read the above blog and decided not to.

Posted by: Yolanda (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: May 08, 2008 07:48PM

Dr. Miller performed my d&c for a miscarriage 12/07 without complication. But then when I got pregnant again, he tried to talk me out of chorionic villus sampling by saying that I am now at increased risk for miscarriage. Upon further consultation with several sources, I found that a single miscarriage does not increase one's baseline risk. I won't trust a doctor who cannot support his opinion with solid facts.

Posted by: P (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: May 14, 2008 02:52PM

CAN i asked what happened with Dr. Bezalel and dr. Trevedi leaving nassau/Suffolk??? everyone has left DR.A is the only one really left what happened? I loved dr. bezalel and dr. trevedi?

Pages: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 8 of 10

LiSeek's Long Island New York Bulletin Board: Looking for a Long Island apartment, babysitter, or any other local needs you may have. Have any questions about Long Island schools, fishing, or are you planning a Long Island wedding? Also post about any Long Island issues you would like to discuss with other Long Islanders.