Long Island Message Board, Long Island Forum
Message Board :  Long Island Message Board / Forum Long Island Seek
Long Island Message Board 
Welcome the Long Island, NY Bulletin Board - To make a new post click the "New Topic" link below, please read the Terms of Use before posting.
Navigation: LiSeek.com - Bulletin Board Home - Long Island classifieds - Long Island jobs
Share the post with others!

Pages: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 9 of 10
Re: OB/GYN Recommendations
Posted by: debsey75 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: May 20, 2008 05:04PM

Dr. Bezele is now in bethpage. As far as I know she is just a gyno and not an OBGYN. Dr. Trivedi(OBGYN) is North Babylon in a new beautiful office with a GREAT staff. His office # is 631-321- 7341. He is affliated with Good Sam.
I think this move was to better his career. He is a wonderful doctor and I highly recommend him.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: jenn (---.cablevision.com)
Date: May 21, 2008 08:55PM

Hi...I've been a patient of Dr. Bezalel for a few years and recently (over the winter) received a letter she wrote to her patients explaining that she is no longer practicing here on LI. Said she tried going out on her own (I guess that was her short run in Bethpage) but it just didn't work out. Apparently her husband is living in CA. and she decided to move out there to be with him.

I'm now 7 weeks pregnant and am looking for a new OBGYN. I will try Dr. Trivedi as I've seen many positive posts about him (as he was also part of the Nass/Suff group).

Hope that helps!

Posted by: debsey75 (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: May 22, 2008 12:42PM

Anonymous User Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi...I've been a patient of Dr. Bezalel for a few
> years and recently (over the winter) received a
> letter she wrote to her patients explaining that
> she is no longer practicing here on LI. Said she
> tried going out on her own (I guess that was her
> short run in Bethpage) but it just didn't work
> out. Apparently her husband is living in CA. and
> she decided to move out there to be with him.
>
> I'm now 7 weeks pregnant and am looking for a new
> OBGYN. I will try Dr. Trivedi as I've seen many
> positive posts about him (as he was also part of
> the Nass/Suff group).
>
> Hope that helps!

Jenn - you will not be disappointed with your choice in going to Dr. Trivedi. : ) He is such a sweetheart. His new office is modern, clean and really nice. Everyone that works at the office is so friendly and helpful. Quite the opposite of the old place. Congrats on the pregnancy!

Posted by: BJ (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: June 03, 2008 09:36PM

Hi --

I'm also looking for a new ob/gyn on the North Shore/Nassau county. Ideally I would like to find a female doctor (though I'm also willing to consider males) who is affiliated with either North Shore Manhasset hospital or Long Island Jewish Medical Center (as I heard those are the best places to deliver babies around here -- we're TTC...). It's so tough to find an ob/gyn who is available (don't want to wait three months for an appointment!), thorough and caring...

I'd be very grateful for any recommendations you might have!

Posted by: debsey75 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: July 08, 2008 06:53PM

It is official; Dr. Kiran Trivedi did take over the practice of Dr. Polidoro and Dr. Egner. He is now located in their previous office at

1 Grant Avenue
Islip NY

His new telephone # is 631-859-1920

He will still be delivering at Good Sam Hospital. He also has a female PA there who will handle the gyn patients.

Posted by: LC (216.90.227.---)
Date: July 23, 2008 07:36PM

I would recommend Dr. Alan Toole. He is the best and is affiliated with LIJ/North Shore. Office is located in 1554 Manhasset.

Posted by: Yinka (---.marshweb.com)
Date: July 30, 2008 06:12PM

Hi everyone. I'm new to the site and Long Island. Looking for a good OB?GYN. I live in South Baldwin,Nassau. All good recommendations welcome. Thanks in advance for your help.

Posted by: Nic (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: August 06, 2008 11:39PM

Does anybody have opinions/information on the doctors associated with North Shore-Long Island Jewish Womens Health? The doctors listed are:

Valerie Altman
Heather Appelbaum
Leslie Farrington
Leah Kaufman
Jordan Pritzker
Valerie Schulz
Alan Toles
Mary Leong
Burton Krumholz

Sandra Curet
Benjamin Goldman
Teresa Lazar
Valerie Muoio
Seth Stern

Posted by: Kira (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: August 12, 2008 05:55PM

I was also seeing Dr. Weiss until he recently took some sort of a leave. No one knows when he is returning or really why he is gone. Each time I go there they tell me a different reason. Now Dr David took over all of his patients and is on overload! The first time I was supposed to see Dr. David was last month (my 6th month of pregnancy) I waited over 2 hours for my appointment just to see a PA. They rush you in and out. I am not happy. I was also recommended to have an amnio so they sent me to Madonna Perinatal. The results were so hard to get. They told me the dr had them then the dr told me they had them. No one wanted to give them to me! Then Dr David called me at around 930 pm (which i dont really mind) after i had called the office all day to tell me "oh yeah everything is fine" I felt like he didnt even know who he was talking to. I'm going to look into some of the obgyns recommended on here. I am 7 months along so I need to decide quick but I am willing to switch.

Posted by: Denise (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: September 10, 2008 10:06AM

I'm trying to get in touch with this practice. I was a former patient of Dr. Polidoro. The 859-1920 number goes directly to a rapid busy signal. Any suggestions?

Posted by: Gina (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: September 29, 2008 06:31PM

I just wanted to say that I use Sarah Schwartz and I think she and her staff are wonderful. She not only talks to you like a doctor but also as if she is your friend. I have a 5 month old and she was wonderful with my care while I was pregnant. I would definetly recommened her.

Posted by: val (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: September 30, 2008 04:20PM

I have my first appointment with Dr. Erhart tomorrow and jsut called to verify whether or not he was certified. I was told that he is. Can you please tell me where you got that info from?

Thanks

Posted by: North Shore Doc (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: October 13, 2008 08:45PM

Hi. I have been reading through all the messages posted and have to say that I personally know all the docs mentioned. I have lengthy, clinical discussions with them and have learned how they manage and treat their pts. Of all the docs mentioned, I would NOT recommend Pilliteri in Deer Park.

I would however recommend North Shore OBGYN (865 Northern Boulevard in Great Neck). Ladies, stick to North Shore-LIJ, Winthrop and Stony Brook and you'll be safe and in good hands.

Posted by: A..... (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: October 13, 2008 08:55PM

Hi, I have been going to Dr Goldman for years. I trust him b/c he is so conservative with regards to his clinical approach. He must be sure of something or a product before he uses it on his patients. He is extremely punctual, I never wait, and he is affiliated with NS Manhasset. You can't go wrong. You're in the safest hands with Goldman.

Posted by: k (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: October 15, 2008 07:08PM

My husband and I are TTC. Has anyone heard of Dr. Nicole Bell, Dr. Sharon Deans or Dr. Monique Defour- Jones in Manhassett? What hospitals would you recommend?

Posted by: K. Shallcross (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: November 11, 2008 08:45PM

Anonymous User Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> does any one know about dr. amy hearne in
> hunttington, suffolk obgyn group. Please give me
> all the info you can

Someone here recommended Mesbah... the wolf in sheep's clothing!

Mesbah delivered my son a little over 12 years ago and it was a complete disaster. He was the doctor on call that weekend and just my luck I didn't have my real OB/GYN Ira Berliner.

Besides the fact that the doctor at Winthrop Hospital forgot about us and went home, not Mesbah's fault, the most disturbing thing was the fact he made plans to go skiing with his then girlfriend (now wife) on a weekend he was on call.

I heard him outside my room telling her that he had to wait until I had the baby in order to leave and I could hear him pleading with her for patience. Seconds later he walked into my room and told me I needed a C-section.

This normally opinionated advocate felt completely vulnerable at the time and before I could speak up about the issue, I broke down and cried.

That C-section has haunted me ever since and am still experiencing medical complications from his slipshod work.

He was recommended to me by my sister, who oddly enough didn't find it disgusting and strange that he complimented her shape during an exam.

Posted by: Tavia (---.artsconnection.org)
Date: November 13, 2008 07:17PM

Dr. Jones delivered both of my girls (7 & 8.5). She is great. Very warm, direct and great in the delivery room. Knows how to give tough love. She was very popular when I went to her though...so waiting was a problem in the past. She is no longer with my insurance carrier though, so I have not been to her in years.

Posted by: JudyW (---.static.optonline.net)
Date: November 19, 2008 09:32PM

Forget Dr. Klein, he was supposed to make me an appointment for a mammogram (twice) and I had to call to remind him. Needless to say, it never got made and I still haven't gone for that appointment.Don't know if it was him being too busy, or the staff being forgetful, but either option isn't good...

I work in Jericho and I was wondering if anyone could give me a recommendation. I am past the point of having babies, just need a personable, bright OB-GYN to monitor me for Breast Cancer...

Posted by: kristy (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: June 08, 2009 08:14PM

Do not go to Dr. David in Massepequa.

Does anyone have any reviews for a Dr Maria Levada in Valley Stream NY?

Posted by: Lindsey (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: June 08, 2009 09:01PM

Help! need OBGYN fast!

My husband just got a job down here, I am new to Long Island. We are moving to Huntington and I am 6 1/2 months pregnant and high-risk. I need a good OBGYN, someone who will be sympathetic to my situation and who I won't have to wait 2 months to see.

Anyone have any recomendations?

Pages: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 9 of 10

LiSeek's Long Island New York Bulletin Board: Looking for a Long Island apartment, babysitter, or any other local needs you may have. Have any questions about Long Island schools, fishing, or are you planning a Long Island wedding? Also post about any Long Island issues you would like to discuss with other Long Islanders.