Long Island Message Board, Long Island Forum
Message Board :  Long Island Message Board / Forum Long Island Seek
Long Island Message Board 
Welcome the Long Island, NY Bulletin Board - To make a new post click the "New Topic" link below, please read the Terms of Use before posting.
Navigation: LiSeek.com - Bulletin Board Home - Long Island classifieds - Long Island jobs
Share the post with others!

Now Casting Deserving People for HGTV Home Makeover!
Posted by: carly (---.nyc.biz.rr.com)
Date: April 10, 2013 10:33PM

Hello,

My name is Carly and I am a casting assistant for an exciting new HGTV makeover series! I am reaching out to your forum because we are currently looking for people (within the tri-state area) who are outstanding members of the community, who have gone above and beyond for others, and deserve a home makeover in return!

Please contact me so that I may send further details about what we are looking for and how to nominate someone. You can also find more information about the show at hgtvmakeovercasting.com. Please feel free to forward this information on to anyone that may be interested in participating! Any help in spreading the word about our search would be greatly appreciated!
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Thank you,

Carly
Casting Assistant
212-359-9455
carly@jenscasting.com

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Now Casting Deserving People for HGTV Home Makeover!
Posted by: clara (170.161.67.---)
Date: April 22, 2013 03:06PM

Hi,

Hear is my (true) sob story that perhaps may make you consider me.

I have lived in my house for 12 years; all the while no landscaping or even a patio to have friends over for my two girls to have play dates.

I love trees and flowers and I would ask my husband to plant trees, but he never did.

My very controlling husband turned our yard and home into a softball training facility. There is an enormous batting cage on one side of the house and at times the yard would be filled with girls practicing ball. When parents would come to watch they would sit on the stoop! I don't even have a chair in the back.

Now that my girls are older they do not want to spend time at home because they are embarrassed by the yard. In addition, the recent storm, SANDY, took trees down and damaged my house.

I have been going through a terrible divorce for the past 3 years. Now that I am free of the tyranny of my husband, I finacially cannot afford to do things to the yard or the house. Physically, I am unable to do the labor. I had cancer and radiation treatment which has made my muscles atrophy.

All I want to create is a warm, inviting home where my girls will want to spend time with their friends and family.

Thank you for considering me.

Clara

Options: ReplyQuote

LiSeek's Long Island New York Bulletin Board: Looking for a Long Island apartment, babysitter, or any other local needs you may have. Have any questions about Long Island schools, fishing, or are you planning a Long Island wedding? Also post about any Long Island issues you would like to discuss with other Long Islanders.