Long Island Message Board, Long Island Forum
Message Board :  Long Island Message Board / Forum Long Island Seek
Long Island Message Board 
Welcome the Long Island, NY Bulletin Board - To make a new post click the "New Topic" link below, please read the Terms of Use before posting.
Navigation: LiSeek.com - Bulletin Board Home - Long Island classifieds - Long Island jobs
Share the post with others!

Blue Green Farms - nothing but dirt?
Posted by: liman (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: October 30, 2013 11:33PM

What's up with the Blue Green Farms project in Yaphank? They are supposed to be a fish farm and growing tomatoes, but all i see is truck after truck leaving with sand. something is fishy!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Blue Green Farms - nothing but dirt?
Date: July 08, 2014 05:35PM

there is still no real building going on, except for an admin building. there's only sand being shipped out continuously. they have a fancy website, but i dont see nothing, but sand mining.

they claim to produce lettuce and fish. i think the real business is selling sand and hurting the local environment as a result. how many years before we see a head of lettuce?

Re: Blue Green Farms - nothing but dirt?
Date: August 28, 2014 04:34AM

the August 2014 update is the same. This seems to be nothing, but a sand mining operation. Just trucks taking sand away for years...where are these organic farms????? Where is Mark Harrington and Newsday now? And where's the Town of Brookhaven to stop this?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/28/2014 04:35AM by liman.

LiSeek's Long Island New York Bulletin Board: Looking for a Long Island apartment, babysitter, or any other local needs you may have. Have any questions about Long Island schools, fishing, or are you planning a Long Island wedding? Also post about any Long Island issues you would like to discuss with other Long Islanders.